I feel like we all need a bowl of this soup right now. It’s cozy, comforting, and simply good for the soul. I’m always on the lookout for a good new soup recipe. It’s like chicken, you can never have enough chicken recipes!
This one is pretty simple. It starts with cauliflower and leeks sautéed in a big pot. I love the mild flavor of the leeks in here, I always forget to use these in place of onions!
There’s one secret ingredient that I LOVE. Rather than using cream to make it silky and smooth, I use slivered almonds, without the skins! You could also use cashews. They provide an extra protein boost and healthy fat that takes this soup over the top.
What makes it that bright yellow color? Turmeric, which is an anti-inflammatory AND gives it that beautiful golden shine! Get going on this one, you’re gonna love it.Print
A silky smooth golden soup made with cauliflower, leeks, almonds and turmeric.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 cup slivered almonds (or cashews)
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 6–7 cups water or stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Add the oil to a large pot and heat over medium/high heat. Add the leeks, cauliflower and garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes. Add the almonds, salt, pepper, and turmeric and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the water and bring the mixture to a boil, then simmer until soft, about 5-10 minutes. In batches, add the soup to a blender and blend until smooth. (You can also use an immersion blender). Finish the soup with lemon juice and salt to taste.
This recipe is adapted from Pinch of Yum.