This Grilled Flank Steak w/ Spinach Pesto is a quick and easy dish the whole family will love
- 2 pounds flank steak
- olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups spinach (can also use basil, arugula or any greens!)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
For the Flank Steak
- Preheat the grill or a grill pan over medium/high heat. Brush both sides of the steak with olive oil and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side, then pull off the heat and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice steak against the grain and top with spinach pesto.
For the Spinach Pesto
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender add the spinach, garlic, pine nuts, cheese, salt and pepper and pulse until well combined, but not totally smooth. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while pulsing. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pesto can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge for 7-10 days or frozen for 3 months.