I cannot even believe it’s already back-to-school time! Is it just me or is back-to-school getting earlier and earlier each year? Many of you have been back for weeks already, some are just starting, and if you’re one of the lucky ones, we still have a couple more weeks to hang onto summer. Either way, we’re all in that back-to-school mindset with crazy busy schedules, running around and just trying to figure out how to transition from slow summers to fall.
Having said that, we’re always in need of quick and easy dinners and while it’s still summer weather let’s take advantage of it! Today I’m showing you how to make a Grilled Flank Steak w/ Spinach Pesto and you’re gonna love it!
The most important part of a great piece of steak is a great piece of steak! You don’t need to do anything fancy to it if it’s high quality meat. Let the meat speak for itself. Spend the extra couple bucks to get the best of the best and you’ll notice the difference. I’ve recently been introduced to a company called Moink and it’s safe to say that I’m in love! They are a fully customizable meat and fish subscription box service that provides pasture raised meats and wild caught fish delivered to your front door. I feel good knowing that I’m supporting sustainable family farmers and that all Moink meat is antibiotic, steroid, and GMO-free. There are also no colors, solutions, nitrates/nitrites or added sugars.
I especially love that you can pick and choose what you want in your box! You can mix and match, try new things within your comfort zone, and have enough to get you through weeks of meals (14-16 lbs of meat per box, or around $4.50 per serving)! Grilling flank steak is one of my favorite things to do because it’s super quick and easy!
And why not make it extra special with some homemade pesto! It truly takes this simple dish to the next level. You can even make the pesto ahead of time and keep it in the fridge or freezer until ready to use.
If you haven’t tried Moink yet, I strongly suggest you do. It’s so important to know where your meat is coming from, and your family will taste the difference. If you use discount code LIFEISBUTADISH at check-out, you’ll get $20 off your first Moink box. And shipping is always free!
This post is sponsored by Moink.
This Grilled Flank Steak w/ Spinach Pesto is a quick and easy dish the whole family will love
- 2 pounds flank steak
- olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups spinach (can also use basil, arugula or any greens!)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
For the Flank Steak
- Preheat the grill or a grill pan over medium/high heat. Brush both sides of the steak with olive oil and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side, then pull off the heat and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice steak against the grain and top with spinach pesto.
For the Spinach Pesto
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender add the spinach, garlic, pine nuts, cheese, salt and pepper and pulse until well combined, but not totally smooth. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while pulsing. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pesto can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge for 7-10 days or frozen for 3 months.