- 2 pounds sirloin steak (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 1/2 cups reduced sodium soy sauce (use Tamari for gluten free)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
For the Basil Scallion Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup basil (tightly packed)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 scallions (roughly chopped)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1) Add the cubed steak to a bowl. Pour the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil on top and toss well to combine. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 1-3 hours.
- 2) Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette by adding the basil, cilantro, scallions, apple cider vinegar, salt and olive oil to a blender. Blend for 30 seconds until well combined. Set aside or store in the fridge.
- 3) Preheat grill while you assemble the skewers. Add about 3 pieces of meat to each skewer. Grill for 3-4 minutes then flip and cook another 3-4 minutes. Serve immediately with vinaigrette.
*You can use metal or wooden skewers. If you use wooden ones, soak them in water for 30-60 minutes prior to putting on the grill so they don’t burn.