I’m officially declaring it summer with these kabobs! I know, I’m like a week or two early, but these flavors just scream summer!
This recipe is super simple, packed with bold ingredients, and fun to make! Jen and I had so much fun coming up with the perfect dish for your backyard BBQ.
Oh, and this sauce? Dressing, vinaigrette, call it what you will…It’s UH-amazing! So light and fresh, it’s perfect for slathering over these bobs.
- 2 pounds sirloin steak cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups reduced sodium soy sauce use Tamari for gluten free
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup basil tightly packed
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 scallions roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
1) Add the cubed steak to a bowl. Pour the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil on top and toss well to combine. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 1-3 hours.
2) Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette by adding the basil, cilantro, scallions, apple cider vinegar, salt and olive oil to a blender. Blend for 30 seconds until well combined. Set aside or store in the fridge.
3) Preheat grill while you assemble the skewers. Add about 3 pieces of meat to each skewer. Grill for 3-4 minutes then flip and cook another 3-4 minutes. Serve immediately with vinaigrette.