- 1 – 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 pound ground turkey meat (can also use ground beef)
- 1 teaspoon salt (plus 1 teaspoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (plus 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper (plus 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup chopped crimini mushrooms
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Top with Sriracha Sauce (optional)
- Garnish with chopped parsley
- 1) Start making your rice. Cook according to package.
- 2) Heat a large pan over medium/high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the onion and a healthy pinch of salt and cook for 3-5 minutes, until onion begins to soften, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook another minute. Add the turkey meat, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper, garlic powder, and dried basil and cook until turkey is cooked through, about 7-10 minutes. Once meat is cooked, drain any fat and remove the meat from the pan to set aside.
- 3) In the same pan add 2 tablespoons olive oil and the butter over medium/high heat. Add the broccoli and cauliflower, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the stock and cook for 5-7 minutes until veggies are just tender.
- 4) Add the mushrooms, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper and cook for about 2-3 more minutes.
- 5) Add the tomato sauce to the pan and heat through. Once heated, add the lemon juice and stir to combine. Add the cooked turkey meat back into the pan, and add the parmesan cheese. Toss well. Serve over brown rice and top with Sriracha Sauce if desired.
* You can serve this alone, over rice, pasta, or quinoa.