- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 fennel bulb, diced
- 4 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 medium Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (or 2 teaspoons fresh herbs)
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 6–8 cups low-sodium chicken stock (or veggie broth)
- Preheat a large pot over medium/high heat. Add all the ingredients except for the chicken stock. Cook for 7-10 minutes until veggies begin to soften.
- Add the broth (start with 6 cups, you can always add more as needed) and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn heat to medium/low and simmer for 15-20 minutes until veggies are fully cooked through.
- Turn off heat and use an immersion blender to blend to your desired consistency. If you don’t have an immersion blender you can transfer the soup to a regular blender and blend in batches. If the soup is too thick add more broth. Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!