This is a nourishing, classic, and hearty soup to warm you from the inside out! Kitchen Sink Veggie Soup has every vegetable your body is craving right now.
This is one of those dishes that just hits the sweet spot: it’s both healthy AND incredibly easy to make. How often does that happen?! I’m talking about 30 minutes and boom, dinner’s on the table. One pot, no mess, no stress. I feel the tension leave my shoulders just thinking about it!
I’ve made this soup totally gluten-free, and if you opt for vegetable stock instead of chicken, it’s vegan too! It’s filled with flavor and SO MUCH creaminess from the cauliflower, so it feels indulgent and gourmet while also being light and friendly for so many different allergies and diets.
What Veggies Are in Kitchen Sink Veggie Soup?
I put the most satisfying blend together in this soup recipe! I love the ways these healthy veggies just work together. We’ll be cooking with…
Blending Soup: Immersion or Countertop Blender
For this recipe I use my trusty Immersion Blender to blend everything until it’s smooth! It makes it super easy to make the soup from start to finish in one pot. If you don’t have an immersion blender, just use your countertop blender! Let the soup cool slightly and carefully transfer it into the blender in batches, pulsing until it’s your preferred consistency. If it’s too thick, don’t be afraid to add another splash of veggie stock in!
Best Soup Sides
I like to keep the sides simple when soup’s on! For Kitchen Sink Veggie Soup night I’d also consider making Harvest Farro & Apple Salad with Maple Vinaigrette, Comfort Corn Bread with Whipped Honey Butter, or Lemony Sautéed Kale with Fennel.
More Incredible Soups
- Healing Turmeric Lentil & Farro Soup
- Instant Pot Loaded Veggie Coconut Soup
- Healthier Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Coconut Lime White Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Split Pea & Lentil Soup
Food photography by Tanya PilgrimPrint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 fennel bulb, diced
- 4 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 medium Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (or 2 teaspoons fresh herbs)
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 6–8 cups low-sodium chicken stock (or veggie broth)
- Preheat a large pot over medium/high heat. Add all the ingredients except for the chicken stock. Cook for 7-10 minutes until veggies begin to soften.
- Add the broth (start with 6 cups, you can always add more as needed) and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn heat to medium/low and simmer for 15-20 minutes until veggies are fully cooked through.
- Turn off heat and use an immersion blender to blend to your desired consistency. If you don’t have an immersion blender you can transfer the soup to a regular blender and blend in batches. If the soup is too thick add more broth. Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!