This is a one-dish dinner that has the whole family asking for seconds! It’s a Spaghetti Squash Bake filled with marinara, turkey, peas, and three cheeses!
This is a an absolutely delicious dish! It’s cheesy, savory, and filled with nourishing foods that are just a huge hit with everyone in the family (yes, even the kids!). It’s a lightened-up casserole made with spaghetti squash, ground turkey, marinara sauce, and three kinds of cheese. You read that right: THREE cheeses! I am so excited for you to try this Spaghetti Squash Bake and add it to your weeknight menu.
How to Bake a Spaghetti Squash in the Oven
It’s so easy! This is for sure my favorite way to cook a spaghetti squash. And can you believe that gorgeous color?!
- Preheat your oven, cut the squash in half, and scoop out the seeds.
- Brush the inside with olive oil and give it a little sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put it face down on a parchment-lined baking sheet and cook for 35-40 minutes until the flesh is easily pierced with a fork.
If you want to cook your squash in the Instant Pot check out the recipe right here! I think cooking the squash in the oven gives it a bit more flavor, but if you’re short on time the pressure cooker will be your BFF.
Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Bake
I used THREE cheeses in this spaghetti squash bake and every single one of them adds something special!
- Mozarella – This is the main cheese that makes this party happen!
- Parmesan – Adds that perfect tang. Use the good stuff if you can!
- Goat cheese – This one might feel unexpected, but it has an creamy, savory flavor that makes this bake feel special.
Spaghetti Squash Bake Sides
I love that this recipe really feels like a complete meal in one dish! If you wanted to add a side, though, you could do some simple greens like Skillet Broccolini or Oven Roasted Green Beans. For dessert I love having Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites in the fridge!
Veggies to Include
If you aren’t a huge fan of peas you can omit them OR swap them with a different vegetable! Just cut them small and make sure they’re cooked before being added into the bake. A few veggies that would be delicious here:
- Sweet potatoes
More Weeknight Bakes
- No-Boil Three Cheese Baked Pasta
- Turkey Taco Bake
- Chicken & Black Bean Enchilada Casserole
- Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Zucchini Bake
- Parmesan Chicken Baked Ziti
- Orecchiette Pasta Bake
Food photography by Tanya PilgrimPrint
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1–2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, small dice
- 1 pound ground turkey (or ground beef)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups marinara sauce (I use Rao’s)
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cut the squash in half widthwise and scoop out the seeds. Brush the inside with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place face down on a parchment lined baking sheet and cook for 35-40 minutes until the flesh is easily pierced with a fork. Click here for Spaghetti squash Instant Pot Instructions.
- While the squash is cooking, make the sauce. Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, onion, a pinch of salt and cook for 3-5 minutes until onions begin to soften.
- Add the ground turkey, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and oregano and cook for 5-7 minutes until meat is cooked through.
- Add the marinara sauce and let cook for 5 minutes. Add the frozen peas and let warm through.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish and set aside. When squash is cool enough to handle, scrape out the flesh into the prepared baking dish. Add the sauce and toss until all the squash is well coated.
- Spread out into one even layer and sprinkle evenly with the parmesan, goat cheese and mozzarella cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and garnish with chopped parsley and serve.