I was getting little tired of only using spaghetti squash as spaghetti. I wanted to create a side dish that was unique, easy and oh yeah, cheesy.
Once you’ve got your spaghetti noodles, simply toss them in a bowl with some simple ingredients and bake it topped with a layer of thinly sliced zucchini.
Then go to town!Print
Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Zucchini Bake that makes a great side dish for any meal!
- 1 cooked spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- pinch of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat an oven safe skillet or cast iron pan over medium/high heat. Add olive oil, onion, 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, and thyme. Cook for 3-5 minutes until onions begin to soften. Add the minced garlic and cook an additional minute. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Scoop the cooked spaghetti squash noodles into a large bowl. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 cup cheese. Stir to combine. Stir in the onion mixture until well combined.
- Pour mixture back into the pan and layer the sliced zucchini on top in a single layer. Drizzle lightly with olive oil then top with remaining shredded cheese (plus a little more if you’re feeling crazy). Bake for 25-30 minutes until cheese is bubbly on top. Serve immediately.