How do you make spaghetti squash in the Instant Pot? I get this question several times a week, so now the answer can live here on the internet forEVER!
It’s actually quite simple. Much easier and faster than making it in the oven. Here’s how.
- Take a medium sized spaghetti squash and cut in half, width wise.
- Scoop out the seeds using a spoon.
- Place spaghetti squash in the Instant Pot on the steamer rack and go!
Cutting the squash this way makes for longer noodle strands, and cooking it in the pressure cooker really gets every inch of the squash out easily. Check out the full directions below, but that’s really it! I promise, it will change your spaghetti squash life. ????????
Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 cup water
- Cut your spaghetti squash in half, width wise. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and discard.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place the spaghetti squash in your Instant Pot (I place mine on top of the steamer rack). If it doesn’t fit you may trim the top and/or bottom.
- Close lid and make sure the valve is on sealing. Pressure cook on high for 5 minutes. Quick release and check with a fork to see if it’s done. Squash should easily scrape away from the sides. If not done, place back in for another 2-5 minutes. This all depends on how large your squash is. 5 minutes works for a small/medium sized squash.