This Turkey Taco Bake is an easy and versatile dish made with ground turkey, spices, beans and rice for a delicious weeknight meal.
It’s about time I posted a new casserole recipe. For whatever reason I don’t talk about this much, but I love me a good casserole. They’re so versatile and make the best leftovers. This Turkey Taco Bake has my heart.
Since we all love casseroles, and we all love turkey tacos, why not make a turkey taco casserole?! I love it, I love it, I love it!
Watch How to make Turkey Taco Bake
Ingredients you’ll need
- Olive oil
- Ground turkey (or ground beef)
- Spices – salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin
- Frozen corn
- Fire roasted diced tomatoes
- Diced green chilies
- Black beans
- Cooked rice
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
This recipe is great because you make the filling all in one pan before transferring it over to combine with some rice then sprinkle with cheese and you’re done-zo.
(For tips on the best kind of pan to use, check out this post on the best types of pans & cookware for your kitchen!)
The Home Cook’s Guide to Salt
Learn about the basics of salt, plus the best salt for cooking (hint: it’s Kosher salt!) with this easy-to-understand guide to salt for home cooks.
Instructions for Turkey Taco Bake
I hope you find this comforting meal as delicious as I do. It would be a great meal to bring to a friend, or to make ahead of time before a new baby comes. Dig in! For more comfort food and less meal planning, try my free 5 Days of Dinner Guide. It’s a week of food that you don’t have to think about!Print
An easy and versatile dish made with ground turkey, spices, beans and rice for a delicious weeknight meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1–1.5 pounds ground turkey (or ground beef)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (14 oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12 oz) jar your favorite salsa
- 1 handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- juice from 1 lime
- 2.5 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, jack or a blend)
- sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat. Add the oil, ground turkey, salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder and cumin. Break up the meat and cook for about 5-7 minutes until meat is cooked through.
- Add the frozen corn, fire roasted tomatoes, green chilies, black beans and salsa and cook for 3-5 minutes until warmed. Add the cilantro and the juice of 1 lime and stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and stir in the cooked rice until mixture is well combined. Pour the entire mixture into a 13×9 baking dish and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve with desired toppings, a squeeze of fresh lime juice and enjoy!