- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1–2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, small dice
- 1 pound ground turkey (or ground beef)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups marinara sauce (I use Rao’s)
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cut the squash in half widthwise and scoop out the seeds. Brush the inside with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place face down on a parchment lined baking sheet and cook for 35-40 minutes until the flesh is easily pierced with a fork. Click here for Spaghetti squash Instant Pot Instructions.
- While the squash is cooking, make the sauce. Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, onion, a pinch of salt and cook for 3-5 minutes until onions begin to soften.
- Add the ground turkey, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and oregano and cook for 5-7 minutes until meat is cooked through.
- Add the marinara sauce and let cook for 5 minutes. Add the frozen peas and let warm through.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish and set aside. When squash is cool enough to handle, scrape out the flesh into the prepared baking dish. Add the sauce and toss until all the squash is well coated.
- Spread out into one even layer and sprinkle evenly with the parmesan, goat cheese and mozzarella cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and garnish with chopped parsley and serve.