Lemon Vanilla Butter Cake is bursting with lemony flavor. The perfect simple cake for any occasion.
- 1.5 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2.5 cups sugar
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup club soda (not seltzer)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 10" bundt pan really well and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer (you can also use a hand mixer), beat together the butter and sugar for about 3 minutes until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the flour in thirds, alternating with the club soda, beating after each addition until smooth. Add the vanilla extract, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake 65-75 minutes until golden brown or a cake tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Let cake cool in pan for 10-20 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
This recipe is lightly adapted from Genius Kitchen’s Magnolia Bakery Lemon Vanilla Bundt Cake.