A scrappy salad that’s summery, bright, and a little different! Shaved Broccoli Stalk Salad is an easy and fresh side dish.
Yields 2-3 side salads
- 1 large or 2 small broccoli stalks
- 1 lemon
- ¼ cup freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
- Flaky sea salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Use a peeler or a sharp knife to trim the broccoli stalks of any thick fibrous parts sticking out.
- Use a mandoline (this really helps to get paper thin shavings) and slice the broccoli stalks into one layer on a plate. If some overlap a little that’s okay.
- Squeeze 1 whole lemon over the top, making sure all the broccoli is covered in the juice. Let sit for 5-10 minutes then use a vegetable peeler to shave large chunks of fresh Parmesan on top.
- Finish with a pinch of flaky sea salt and a crack of black pepper and serve immediately.
Recipe inspired by Yunnie at Kim Chi Avocado. Thank you, Yunnie!