Quick and easy fresh homemade salsa made with fire roasted and fresh tomatoes, smoky poblano pepper and fresh herbs!
- 1 Poblano pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups halved fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 large garlic clove (or two small)
- large handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Begin by charring the poblano pepper. Place the pepper over an open flame, either on the stove or over a grill, until it turns black on the outside. Turn it every couple of minutes so all sides get charred.
- Place charred pepper in a bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let sit for 5-10 minutes, then remove plastic and peel the skin off the pepper by rubbing. This should happen very easily since it has been steaming in the bowl. Then roughly chop the pepper, seeds included.
- In the base of a food processor or high powered blender add all the ingredients. Pulse until slightly chunky and well combined! Serve with chips and enjoy!