Is it too late? Did I get this recipe out JUST in the nick of time for Cinco de Mayo? It’s not too late. It’s never too late for amazing, life changing salsa! ?
So I wanna know. What’s your go-to Cinco de Mayo food. Is it the margs? Burritos? Guac? Salsa? ? This year I’m all about this salsa! It’s SO quick to pull together, packed with flavor and awesome on eeeeeeverything!
I mean you really can’t go wrong with the simple chips and salsa. But once you run outta chips you can throw this on eggs, chicken, steak, you name it!
Homemade fresh salsa really does take the chips and salsa game to a whole new level. To me, it’s like making a homemade dressing vs. store bought. It’s just not the same.
So grab your blender or food processor and whip up this recipe ASAP! Also, check out some of my favorite Cinco de Mayo Recipes below to pair this with!
Smoky Poblano Pepper Salsa
- Yield: 6 1x
Quick and easy fresh homemade salsa made with fire roasted and fresh tomatoes, smoky poblano pepper and fresh herbs!
- 1 Poblano pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 ½ cups halved fresh cherry tomatoes
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 large garlic clove (or two small)
- large handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Begin by charring the poblano pepper. Place the pepper over an open flame, either on the stove or over a grill, until it turns black on the outside. Turn it every couple of minutes so all sides get charred.
- Place charred pepper in a bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let sit for 5-10 minutes, then remove plastic and peel the skin off the pepper by rubbing. This should happen very easily since it has been steaming in the bowl. Then roughly chop the pepper, seeds included.
- In the base of a food processor or high powered blender add all the ingredients. Pulse until slightly chunky and well combined! Serve with chips and enjoy!
Some of my FAVE recipes for Cinco de Mayo!
Slow Cooker Chicken Nachos (You can use this salsa for it!)
Here’s the recipe
HOW LONG WILL THE SALSA LAST IN THE REFRIGERATOR ?
Life is but a Dish
At least a week!