These veggie tacos will rock your socks.
This was one of those clean out the fridge meals, which I have found, always turn out to be the best ones! Surprisingly easy, delicious, and you don’t even miss the meat!
Who else is binge watching Orange is the new Black? I’m kind of loving this season. Although I’m sad to say we just watched the finale last night and I’m slightly depressed that I have to wait another year to watch it again. I’ll keep my opinions to myself about the finale. I feel like anything I say will ruin it. Good or bad!
At least I still have the bachelorette.
If you feel like mixing it up a little, then MAKE THESE. It’s a nice change of pace, great for summer, and oh so good.Print
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 eggplant (medium diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (diced)
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Corn tortillas
- Shredded cheese
- Guacamole or avocado
- Chopped cilantro
- 1) Preheat a large pan over medium/high heat and add olive oil. Add eggplant, peppers, salt, and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes until mixture begins to soften. If mixture seems too dry just add more oil (the eggplant soaks up everything!) Add onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika, lower heat to medium and cook another 5-7 minutes.
- 2) Add garlic and corn and stir to combine. Add tomato paste and cook another couple of minutes until flavors have blended and the veggies are soft.
- 3) Serve as desired with corn tortillas with your favorite taco toppings!