Dare I say?
But it’s true! There’s nothing fancy about it. Just a few fresh, simple ingredients that come together to make the perfect dish.
It’s amazing what the right combination of flavors can produce!
Dramatic, I know.
Also, USE FRESH CORN. Frozen won’t cut it for this dish where the corn is the star.
I’m serving this as an appetizer to my Mexican Lasagna for dinner tonight.
Best dinner ever.
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's seasoning or any seasoning of your choice
- 4 ears of fresh corn
- 1/2 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 avocado diced
1) Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add seasoning then add the corn and boil for 5 minutes.
2) Remove the corn. Once corn is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels off the cob and place in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, mint, and parmesan, and stir to combine.
3) In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Pour over the corn mixture and stir until well coated. Add the diced avocado and gently stir. Serve with chips and enjoy!