The tastiest meal made using pantry ingredients! Stuffed Sweet Potatoes have crunchy chickpeas, nutritious greens, and a delicious drizzle of spiced sauce!
- 4–6 small sweet potatoes (or 2–4 large ones)
- Olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 lemon, juiced
- pinch of pepper
- micro greens or arugula
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside. Slice the sweet potatoes in half then brush with oil and sprinkle lightly with salt. Bake face down on a sheet pan for about 30-40 minutes depending on the size.
- Take out a second sheet pan or oven safe dish for the chickpeas. After you rinse and drain the chickpeas, carefully dry them with a paper towel then add them to the second baking pan. Toss evenly with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder and paprika and bake for 25-35 minutes (at the same time as the potatoes) until crisp.
- Meanwhile make the sauce. In a small bowl mix together the yogurt, turmeric, lemon juice and pepper until smooth. If you want the sauce a little thinner, use more lemon juice or thin out with a few drops of water.
- Once potatoes are cooked use a fork or spoon to mash the flesh inside the potato a bit. Fill with crispy chickpeas, layer on some micro greens or arugula and drizzle with yogurt sauce. Serve and enjoy!