This Sweet & Simple Crunchy Granola is the perfect addition to your yogurt or simply as a snack. It also makes a great gift!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey, (plus a little extra for love and stickiness)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats, (not instant or quick cooking)
- 3/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup almonds, (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl whisk together the brown sugar, honey, vanilla, oil, and salt.
- Add the old fashioned oats and stir. Add the coconut and chopped almonds. At this point if the mixture looks a little loose, like its falling apart, then add a tablespoon at a time of honey until the mixture starts to look sticky.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and spread the granola on the sheet. You can also use parchment paper.
- 4) Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes. Stir it around every 7-10 minutes to make sure it cooks evenly. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn!
If you choose to add chocolate chips or dried fruit, do so once the granola has cooled.