This Sweet & Simple Crunchy Granola is the perfect addition to your yogurt or simply as a snack. It also makes a great gift!
I’ve got this friend, and I’m pretty sure she’s superwoman.
So let me tell you a little bit about this Sweet & Simple Crunchy Granola recipe. I
stole borrowed this recipe from my friend Kim, and tweaked it to my perfection. It’s quick and easy, and makes you look like a gourmet chef. It’s that good.
My friend’s name is Kimberly (Hi Kim!). Kim has four (four!) amazing children, a husband, a dog, and an entire household to take care of. She cooks (everyday), she cleans, she bakes, she works out, she drives carpool, and she returns every phone call, text, and email in a timely manner.
Kim does it all. I don’t understand how she does it (and does it so well), but I love her for it.
Kimberly has been my mommy mentor, lunch date partner, and recipe bouncer offer for the last 5 years. In between the toddler tantrums, crying babies, and busy schedules, Kim and I gab about food every chance we get. And that’s how I got this Sweet & Simple Crunchy Granola recipe!
The best thing about this recipe is that you can make it your way (to an extent). I like my granola sweet, sticky, suuuuuper crunchy, and without any bells and whistles. But please, feel free to add chocolate chips, dried fruit, or whatever else tickles your granola fancy.
I recently got an email from someone I worked with years ago, asking for this Sweet & Simple Crunchy Granola recipe. (I was totally that person who used to bring homemade snacks to staff meetings. How else do you get through those?) I had not spoken to this person for over a year, but she said, and I quote, “I have someone who’s excited about granola, and you make the best granola I’ve ever tasted. Any chance I could steal the recipe?”
Well, DAAAAAAAMN! Best granola she’s ever tasted?
Also, there’s a secret ingredient. Coconut. Typically I am NOT a coconut fan. But I promise, you don’t taste it.
It just makes the whole thing better.
So, do it!
Alright my friends, dive in! Take the granola plunge. Play around with the ingredients and make it your own. Maybe put it on an Acai Bowl!
You can thank me later.
Sweet & Simple Crunchy Granola
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey, plus a little extra for love and stickiness
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, or coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats, not instant or quick cooking
- 3/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup almonds, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl whisk together the brown sugar, honey, vanilla, oil, and salt.
- Add the old fashioned oats and stir. Add the coconut and chopped almonds. At this point if the mixture looks a little loose, like its falling apart, then add a tablespoon at a time of honey until the mixture starts to look sticky.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and spread the granola on the sheet. You can also use parchment paper.
- 4) Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes. Stir it around every 7-10 minutes to make sure it cooks evenly. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn!
When you try a recipe, use the hashtag #lifeisbutadish on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in my stories! Follow Life is but a Dish on PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM for all the latest content and behind the scenes!Remember to subscribe to my free Life is but a Dish Weekly Newsletter and receive easy recipes delivered to your inbox every week!