Did you know that bananas have magic powers?
Did you know that when you blend a frozen banana for a few minutes that it turns into ice cream?
ICE CREAM!!! Did you hear what I said? Blending a frozen banana TURNS INTO ICE CREAM!!!
And when you add a spoonful of peanut butter to the the blended frozen banana…
You get banana peanut butter ice cream. Truly, it’s a miracle if you ask me.
Literally, it couldn’t be simpler.
I know. It’s blows my mind too.
The easiest and most delicious ice cream made with only frozen bananas and peanut butter!
- 2 ripe bananas (sliced and frozen)
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- In a strong blender or mini food processor, add the sliced, frozen banana. Pulse the mixture, scraping down the sides occasionally until smooth and creamy.
- Add the peanut butter and pulse until combined. You can serve immediately (ice cream will be soft), or put in a freezer safe container and freeze for later.
* Recipe can easily be doubled, or tripled! Just use a bigger food processor!
* The banana will go through different stages. First, it will become somewhat chalky and grainy. Scrape down sides and keep blending. Next it will be become gooey. Keep scraping and blending. Finally after a few minutes the gooey mixture will turn into a creamy frozen treat! It’s delicious on its own, but I love the addition of peanut butter!
* Also try any of these additions…
So the next time your kids want ice cream for breakfast, say “okay”.