The easiest and most delicious way to make a restaurant style steak right in your own kitchen.
- 1 (12 ounce) New York Strip Steak
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- cooking spray
- Alexia Truffle Fries
- Bring steak to room temperature and pat dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle all sides of the steak evenly with the salt and pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium/high heat for 2 minutes. Spray the skillet with cooking spray or add a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sear the steak for 2 minutes on each side, including the two longer thick edges. Don’t touch the steak while it sears.
- Turn off heat and carefully place the entire skillet in the preheated oven and cook for 4-5 minutes. Remove and let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. (This method will cook your steak to medium. For medium rare, cook for 2-3 minutes in the oven, and for medium well cook for 5-6 minutes.)
Serve with Alexia Truffle Fries and some green veggies for the perfect meal!