If you’re anything like me you like to keep meals simple and delicious. I know that sounds so cliche, like who doesn’t want an easy and delicious meal? But that’s kind of my main goal when it comes to creating recipes for you guys. Easy and delicious. Sometimes surprisingly delicious! I often have people comment on how they can’t believe how good something is with such simple ingredients! Enter THE PERFECT STEAK.
This recipe is nothing more than a piece of steak, salt and pepper. BOOM. It doesn’t get much easier than that.
Except that it does.
Often times when I’m making a meal, I like to take mini shortcuts. To make it easier on myself and to save time, I love to buy precut veggies (fresh and/or frozen), or buy something already pre-made that I can add to the rest of my homemade meal. Enter Alexia Truffle Fries.
I meeeeeeeean, steak and fries? I’m pretty sure my husband just re-married me after this meal. It’s like the perfect steakhouse dinner right in your own home. I love how these fries have just a slight truffle flavor and they crisp up in minutes while you focus on making the main course.
Whenever I’m at my local Ralph’s I always stock up on several bags of my favorite Alexia Fries. You should definitely do the same as it’s a life saver on those busy weeknights when you need to get dinner on the table fast.
I know what you’re thinking. But Laney, you don’t eat a ton of steak. You’re right, I don’t. But my entire family does and a ton of you do, so you better believe I’ve mastered the art of cooking a steak.
Plus, I’m more than happy to just eat fries for dinner. Especially if they’re Alexia Truffle Fries. I can’t be stopped!
The easiest and most delicious way to make a restaurant style steak right in your own kitchen.
- 1 (12 ounce) New York Strip Steak
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- cooking spray
- Alexia Truffle Fries
- Bring steak to room temperature and pat dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle all sides of the steak evenly with the salt and pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium/high heat for 2 minutes. Spray the skillet with cooking spray or add a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sear the steak for 2 minutes on each side, including the two longer thick edges. Don’t touch the steak while it sears.
- Turn off heat and carefully place the entire skillet in the preheated oven and cook for 4-5 minutes. Remove and let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. (This method will cook your steak to medium. For medium rare, cook for 2-3 minutes in the oven, and for medium well cook for 5-6 minutes.)
Serve with Alexia Truffle Fries and some green veggies for the perfect meal!
This post is in partnership with Alexia Foods, follow along on Alexia’s Facebook and Instagram, or check
out their website to see their chef-inspired flavors, real ingredients and recipes.
Thank you for supporting the brands that I love!