Tuscan Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes and Kale brings meat, potatoes, and greens together on one pan with delicious, fresh flavor
- 8 bone-in, skin on chicken pieces (breasts or thighs)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound baby Yukon Gold potatoes, halved
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale, de-stemmed and roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place chicken pieces on a sheet pan and set aside. (If chicken breasts are large, cut them in half). In a small bowl combine the salt, lemon pepper, garlic powder and oregano and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the potatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon of the spice mixture. Toss the potatoes until they’re well coated. Set aside.
- Brush chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon olive oil then sprinkle chicken with the remaining spice mixture.
- Place the potatoes on the sheet pan around the chicken. Save the leftover oil in that bowl because you will use it for the kale. Add the sliced lemon tucked in under and around the potatoes and chicken. Bake the chicken and potatoes in the oven for 35-40 minutes until chicken is golden brown and potatoes are crispy and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place the chopped kale in the bowl where you had the potatoes. Use your hands to massage the leftover oil into the kale.
- Once the chicken is done cooking, remove it from the oven and place the kale all around the chicken. Put it back in the oven for 10 minutes until kale begins to wilt and slightly crisp up. Squeeze some extra lemon juice on top if desired. Serve immediately!