Tuscan Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes and Kale brings meat, potatoes, and greens together on one pan with delicious, fresh flavor.
Whoooa, baby! Look at the colors on this pan. The crispy kale! Perfectly roasted potatoes! Tender and flavorful chicken! It’s all so good. This Tuscan Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes and Kale has every element of a perfect dinner, all baked to perfection on one pan. Minimal mess, maximum flavor. That’s what I’m talkin’ about.
Sheet pan dinners just can’t be beat on a weeknight. They’re easy on prep time, easy on cleanup, and they’re usually pretty simple to throw together! This Tuscan Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes and Kale is no exception. I think you’re gonna love it!
The Best Potatoes for Roasting
I love using Yukon Gold for this recipe! They get this really delicious creaminess in the middle, but their skin is thick enough for that perfect crispy crunch on the outside. They’re just right!
For this sheet pan dinner we’ll start with the chicken and potatoes. They need much longer to cook than the kale, about 35-45 minutes. The kale doesn’t get tossed in until the final 10 minutes! Get that timing right for ultimate crisp and flavor.
The Best Kale for Sheet Pan Dinners
I love Lacinato kale! Sometimes it’s called dinosaur kale. It’s dark, dark green and I think it has the best flavor. The curly kale most people buy is a little more bitter! Before putting your kale on the pan, it will get a nice little massage in oil and spices. Yum!
More Weeknight Meals
Let’s keep the weeknight meals going! We want maximum flavor, minimal time, and so easy to make. I’ve got you covered!
- Sheet Pan Roasted Shrimp & Veggies
- BBQ Chicken Kale Salad
- 30-Minute Fettuccine Turkey Bolognese
- Moroccan Baked Fish with Chickpeas
- Skillet Chicken & Green Beans
Tuscan Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes and Kale brings meat, potatoes, and greens together on one pan with delicious, fresh flavor
- 8 bone-in, skin on chicken pieces (breasts or thighs)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound baby Yukon Gold potatoes, halved
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale, de-stemmed and roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place chicken pieces on a sheet pan and set aside. (If chicken breasts are large, cut them in half). In a small bowl combine the salt, lemon pepper, garlic powder and oregano and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the potatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon of the spice mixture. Toss the potatoes until they’re well coated. Set aside.
- Brush chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon olive oil then sprinkle chicken with the remaining spice mixture.
- Place the potatoes on the sheet pan around the chicken. Save the leftover oil in that bowl because you will use it for the kale. Add the sliced lemon tucked in under and around the potatoes and chicken. Bake the chicken and potatoes in the oven for 35-40 minutes until chicken is golden brown and potatoes are crispy and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place the chopped kale in the bowl where you had the potatoes. Use your hands to massage the leftover oil into the kale.
- Once the chicken is done cooking, remove it from the oven and place the kale all around the chicken. Put it back in the oven for 10 minutes until kale begins to wilt and slightly crisp up. Squeeze some extra lemon juice on top if desired. Serve immediately!
Follow Life is but a Dish on PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM for all the latest content and behind the scenes! Remember to subscribe to my free Life is but a Dish Weekly Newsletter and receive easy recipes delivered to your inbox every week!