- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Mexican vanilla (or regular vanilla extract)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup almonds (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup pistachios (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl whisk together the coconut oil, honey, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- 2) Add the oats, coconut, almonds, pistachios and stir.
- 3) Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and spread the granola on the sheet.
- 4) Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Stir it around every 7-10 minutes to make sure it cooks evenly. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn!
- 5) Once granola is done, add the dried cherries and let cool completely.
* This granola is great served over yogurt, plain with milk, or sprinkled over ice cream!
Adapted from My Sweet & Simple Crunchy Granola