I’m obsessed with granola lately.
You know how sometimes you forget about certain foods? Like, I think I went several months without thinking about or eating granola. Then one day I somehow thought about it, HAD to have it immediately, and now can’t stop thinking about the thousands of varieties of granola that I want to make.
The first granola recipe I posted several months ago is still one of my all time favorites. But that recipe is definitely sweeter and more clustery.
This time I wanted to make a flakier granola, not as sweet, but still as delish.
So, this coconut cherry granola was born.
I know. Granola is very personal. Everyone likes it a certain way. With nuts, without, sweet, crunchy, raisins, chocolate, seeds. The possibilities are endless! Which is why over time you are bound to see many, many, many more granola recipes from me.
Play with the amount of sweetness and add-ins. Make your granola perfect for you!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Mexican vanilla (or regular vanilla extract)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup almonds (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup pistachios (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl whisk together the coconut oil, honey, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- 2) Add the oats, coconut, almonds, pistachios and stir.
- 3) Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and spread the granola on the sheet.
- 4) Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Stir it around every 7-10 minutes to make sure it cooks evenly. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn!
- 5) Once granola is done, add the dried cherries and let cool completely.
* This granola is great served over yogurt, plain with milk, or sprinkled over ice cream!
Adapted from My Sweet & Simple Crunchy Granola
Then give me some.