Before all the holiday cookies and desserts, let’s sneak in some greens.
I’m kind of a sucker for any type of chopped salad. Especially kale, because I hate when you get those giant pieces of kale in a salad, and you can hardly fit it in your mouth, the dressing is swiped all over your face, ugh. Disaster.
Well don’t you fret. No mess here. All ingredients are relatively the same size, which makes eating this salad a delightful experience. Is my OCD that obvious?
It’s hard for me not to add sweet potatoes to this recipe. They’re just so IN right now, and I love the sweet flavor they provide contrasted with the slightly bitter kale.
Then we go ahead and dress it all up with this creamy (and healthy) yogurt dressing. Don’t be scared.
Chopped Kale Salad w/ Creamy Yogurt Dressing
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 large sweet potato (cubed (about 1.5 cups))
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4–5 cups stemmed and chopped kale
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 15 ounce can chick peas, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup toasted sunflower seeds
For the dressing
- ⅓ cup greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- 2) Meanwhile make the dressing. Whisk together the yogurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and honey. Set aside.
- 3) In a large bowl, toss together the kale, quinoa, chick peas, and sunflower seeds. Add the sweet potatoes and dressing and toss until well coated.
You got this.
Really need to try this. The dressing sounds really good, too
❤ Kisses from http://poshnessary.com ❤