Before all the holiday cookies and desserts, let’s sneak in some greens.
I’m kind of a sucker for any type of chopped salad. Especially kale, because I hate when you get those giant pieces of kale in a salad, and you can hardly fit it in your mouth, the dressing is swiped all over your face, ugh. Disaster.
- 1 large sweet potato (cubed (about 1.5 cups))
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4–5 cups stemmed and chopped kale
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 15 ounce can chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
For the dressing
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- 2) Meanwhile make the dressing. Whisk together the yogurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and honey. Set aside.
- 3) In a large bowl, toss together the kale, quinoa, chick peas, and sunflower seeds. Add the sweet potatoes and dressing and toss until well coated.
You got this.