Superbowl Sunday is so soon in six short days! Sally sells sea shells by the sea shore. Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Kudos to you if you can successfully say any of those with ease! But really, it’s Superbowl week! Which to me just means food, family, friends, food, football, food, commercials, food, and my favorite part, FOOD.
These cute little drumettes are the perfect appetizer for your Superbowl partay. I like using the drumettes over wings because you get more meat, they’re easy to grab, and you don’t have to work as hard to get the good stuff. They’re still messy, just not AS messy.
Just a few simple steps and these little guys are cooked to juicy perfection. First, in a large bowl toss the chicken with the spices until lightly coated.
Pop ’em in the oven until almost fully cooked then remove and toss the chicken again with the sweet chili sauce. YUM-MY. Pop ’em back in the oven to caramelize. Yes. Yes. YES!
Your friends and family will be joyfully licking their plates. And probably their fingers too. This sauce has juuuuuuuust enough spice for someone like me who is super sensitive to spicy foods. If you like more of a kick feel free to add a little sriracha sauce.
Top with some fresh chopped parsley and you’ve got yourself one helluvah app.Print
Just a few simple steps and these sticky sweet chicken drumettes are cooked to juicy perfection. Perfect appetizer for your Superbowl partay!
- 2 ½ pounds chicken drumettes
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons worchester sauce
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce (I used the Trader Joe’s brand)
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pat chicken dry with paper towels. In a large bowl toss chicken with cornstarch, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper, until all the chicken is coated with the spices.
- Place chicken on a parchment lined sheet pan and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes. (Rinse out the large bowl, as you will use it again to toss the chicken in the sauce)
- Meanwhile, in a small pot combine the ketchup, honey, vinegar, soy sauce, worchester sauce, and sweet chili sauce. Bring to a boil, then simmer over low/medium heat for about 10-15 minutes until it starts to thicken and the flavors combine. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove chicken from the oven and place back in the large bowl. Pour just enough sauce over the chicken and toss to coat. Make sure all the chicken is well coated. Drain fat off the sheet pan (I also replace the parchment paper with a new sheet), and place coated chicken back on the sheet pan. Put back in the oven for another 15 minutes until sauce begins to bubble and becomes sticky.
- Remove chicken from oven and using the remaining sauce, brush over the hot drumettes. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately!
*If you like more heat, feel free to add a dash or two or Sriracha sauce when you’re making the sauce.
So much yes.