Why haven’t I ever done this before? Mashed potatoes in the slow is just pure genius.
For so many reasons this just makes sense. Especially for Thanksgiving! First, and most importantly, they’re absolutely delicious. Like for real though. These taters are legit. Second, it’s SO much easier, which also means less clean up. YES. And third, more room on your stove top. A huge plus on Thanksgiving day.
Oh! I almost forgot! Once they’re done cooking, the slow cooker will keep them warm until you’re ready to serve!
I’m telling you, this is the way to go. Nobody has to know how simple it is.
Get ready Thanksgiving. Here we come.
- 4 pounds yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 3-4 cloves)
- 1 cup half and half
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Parsley or chives
- 1) Spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray. Add the diced potatoes, chicken stock, and garlic. Stir to combine.
- 2) Cook on high for 3-4 hours. Once potatoes are soft, add the half and half, butter, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Using a potato masher or hand mixer mash the potatoes until your desired consistency. Keep on the warm setting until ready to serve.
- 3) Serve with a pat of butter, chopped parsley, and fresh cracked pepper.