I wish I could explain to you how much I LOVE this recipe. I don’t know what it is, I’m just so very much obsessed and can’t stop making it every single week. I’ve come to realize that I have a special place in my heart for vegetables. I really do love them, and I think part of my excitement is just having come up with a new and exciting way to eat them. Not to mention, easy and beautiful!
For the longest time I was extremely intimidated by roasting a whole head of cauliflower.
- Would I burn the outside?
- How would I make it flavorful?
- Is it really that much more exciting than roasting florets?
Turns out, it’s VERY exciting and much cooler than just roasting up some veggies on a sheet pan (my go-to).
All you need to do is trim the leaves and stem of the cauliflower so it can stand flat, like the photo above. ⬆️
Then steam the whole thing, make the INCREDIBLE creamy, crunchy, lemony sauce, slather it on and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
This is now my favorite thing to serve for company!! I can’t wait for you to try it!
Almond Crusted Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I love the Primal Kitchen brand)
- 1/3 cup almonds, roughly chopped (feel free to use another nut if you can’t have almonds)
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- juice from half a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Trim the cauliflower on the bottom by removing the leaves and cutting the stem so it sits flat.
- Take a large pot and add 1 inch of water to the bottom. Bring it to a boil and add the cauliflower to the pot (on a steamer basket or not) with the stem side down. Cover pot, reduce heat to low and steam for 12-15 minutes until the stem of cauliflower can easily be pierced with a knife. It should not be falling apart, just tender.
- Meanwhile, make the spread. In a bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, almonds, parsley, salt and lemon. Set aside.
- When cauliflower is done, set aside to cool for about 15-20 minutes. Once cool, flip cauliflower over and begin to spread the mayonnaise mixture on the bottom and inside as much as possible. Spread the remaining amount on top and all around the cauliflower. Place in a baking dish or cast iron skillet and bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned on top. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately!