We did it!
And by we, I mean you. Life is but a Dish reached 1,000 likes on facebook! Thank you times a million for your continued support, desire to stuff your face, and willingness to read my rants.
Now onto this cake.
When I hear the word celebrate, my brain immediately goes to chocolate cake. So what better way to celebrate 1,000 likes than with this chocolatey, decedent, lighter than air, surprise creamcheesey chocolate chip filling chocolate cake. Yes, I realize I said chocolate four times in those last two sentences.
I can remember like yesterday my very first Life is but a Dish facebook post. Just 6 months ago! I had ZERO likes and I kept posting pictures before I told anyone about the blog. I was too afraid to share my recipes, pictures, and inner rambles with you. And now there are over 1,000 of you who “like” me (blushing).
I’m so grateful because without you, Life is but a Dish is nothing! Literally! You allow me to do and share what I love most, and there’s nobody I’d rather share it with than 1,000 strangers.
Yes, strangers! I LOVE that my recipes are being spread all over, and hopefully make people feel confident and excited to cook. This is why I do what I do! Because of you!
Oh, and because of this cream cheese chocolate chip heaven in a bowl right here.
But mainly because of you.
I really wanted the 1,000 mark celebratory recipe to be special and so, well… Decide for yourself.
Rich and decadent chocolate cake with a delicious cream cheese filling.
For the cream cheese filling
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 egg
- 12 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
For the cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup avocado oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3–5 teaspoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour (or spray) a bundt pan and set aside. Prepare the cream cheese filling. In a small bowl beat together the sugar, vanilla, cream cheese, and egg until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine 2 cups sugar, oil, and eggs. Beat for 1 minute at high speed. Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt, water, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla. Beat at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan. Spoon cream cheese filling on top. Pour on the remaining batter. Bake for 75-85 minutes or until a wooden skewer comes out clean once inserted into the center of the cake. Let cool for 30 minutes in the pan, then flip onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Make the glaze. In a small bowl whisk the powdered sugar, cocoa, melted butter, vanilla, and hot water. Drizzle over the completely cooled cake.
I like you too.