Time to get beach bod ready. The crossfit gym I go to is hosting a Paleo Challenge. EEK. It starts on Sunday and I still can’t decide if I’m gonna do it! Honestly, I’m scared! My love affair with bread and chocolate is pretty intense, and may overshadow my entire beach bod mission. Oops.
However, if I get to eat things like this frittata packed with hearty veggies, I might actually be able to survive. Seriously yum. I can’t even tell you. And so easy, which of course is the best part.
Besides eating it.
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion (diced (about 1 cup))
- 1 small sweet potato (diced (about 1 cup))
- 1 small zucchini (diced (about 1 cup))
- Large handful of chopped kale
- 1) In a bowl beat the eggs with the salt and pepper until light and fluffy, set aside. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Heat the olive oil in a nonstick pan. Add the onion and sweet potato and cook for about 6-8 minutes, until the sweet potato begins to soften.
- 2) Add the zucchini and cook another 2-3 minutes. Add the kale and cook about 1 minute until it just begins to wilt.
- 3) Turn off the heat, pour the egg mixture into the pan and stir until egg is distributed evenly. Put pan in the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes or until the center is set. Top with fresh chopped tomato and/or avocado!
Makes great leftovers!
Bring it, Paleo challenge.