Okay, okay. I went a little crazy this week. Between traveling with friends, and the long holiday weekend, I’ve had my fair share of cookies, ice cream, tacos, burgers, and so much more. It’s time to clean things up again, and thank goodness for my friend Jen for helping me get back on track.
With summer just weeks away, Jen and I wanted to give you a quick and easy simple salad that’s sure to be a hit at any BBQ or weeknight meal. And this salad is a great one to have in your back pocket.
It’s filled with my favorite Lacinato kale, pecans, sweet cranberries, and an herb dressing that is to die for!
You guys, this dressing is ridiculous. It’s packed with bold flavors like onion, garlic, cayenne, and apple cider vinegar. It’s bomb dot com.
So if your weekend was anything like mine, you could really use this salad to help everything fit back into that bathing suit. Am I right?
Chopped Kale Salad w/ Pecans, Cranberries, & Herb Dressing
- 4-5 cups finely chopped Lacinato kale about 1 large bunch, stems removed
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
For the Herb Dressing
- 1/4 yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or lime
- Large handful of fresh herbs I used mostly parsley, basil, and a little thyme and mint
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1) In a large bowl add the chopped kale, pecans, pine nuts, and cranberries. Set aside.
- 2) In a blender add the onion, garlic, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, herbs, olive oil, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth. Pour over salad, just enough to coat. Store any remaining dressing in the fridge.