Why do I always forget about polenta? It’s SO good, and I love it as an alternative choice to mashed potatoes. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I LOVE me some mashed potatoes. There’s just something about this polenta that feels even cozier.
Since it’s fall I decided to go with some roasted butternut squash, brussels sprouts, and finish it with a pop of color from pomegranate seeds! How GORG is that?
You can totally feel free to roast up any veggies you want! It would also be great with some roasted parsnips and carrots, or even in the summer with some roasted tomatoes! YES!
I’m getting ahead of myself. Let’s stick to fall and the fact that Thanksgiving is less than one week away! HOW? I can’t even believe it. Life is literally flashing before my eyes.
My suggestion? Hurry up and make this, before it’s too late!
Creamy Polenta w/ Roasted Butternut Squash & Brussels Sprouts
- Yield: 4 1x
For the Veggies
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 cups halved brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon fresh minced thyme
For the Polenta
- 4 cups low sodium chicken stock (or veg stock)
- 1 cup medium grind cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add the butternut squash, brussels sprouts, oil, ½ teaspoon salt, a pinch of pepper, and thyme to a baking sheet. Toss to combine evenly and roast for 25-30 minutes.
- 2) Meanwhile, bring stock to a boil then slowly whisk in the cornmeal and let simmer, stirring frequently until thick and creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste, cheese, butter and stir. Serve roasted veggies on top of polenta.
Sounds yummy all I need is some polenta! Can’t wait to try!
Life is but a Dish
I hope you love it!