Okay, okay, I know this seems crazy. But it’s not. You know was is crazy?! It’s literally 95 degrees in southern California these days. NOT OKAY.
The ONLY good thing about it still being hot outside this time of year is that we still have tomatoes. Like, really yummy fresh tomatoes. And I get to make pastas like this.
All of the ingredients here are from one of my favorite local companies, Milk & Eggs. They deliver farm fresh foods to your front door and shipping is free! It’s kind of amazing and I love their stuff.
For all you SoCal people, you wanna hear something cool? With one click, you can order all of these simple ingredients to be delivered to your home and make this incredibly easy and delicious dish!
Milk & Eggs has created a little bundle recipe pack and if you use the code “Laney” at check out, you get 50% off, making your order for this recipes only $8.00!
But don’t wait! I’d like to say this weather won’t be lasting very much longer, but then again you never know. Also, this fresh pasta will change you life. You’ll never want to eat dried pasta from a box again.
Click HERE to order this recipe bundle today!Print
A quick and easy flavorful fresh pasta that comes together in minutes!
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh Linguine
- 1 shallot, diced
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 handful fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- pinch of pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil, shallots and a pinch of salt and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper and cook for 7-10 minutes until tomatoes are soft. Add more salt to taste. Turn off heat and stir in the chopped basil.
- Once water is boiling add the pasta and cook for 2-3 minutes. When pasta is cooked add it directly to the skillet to toss with the sauce. Serve immediately or at room temperature.