You can’t even imagine how delicious this dish is. So simple but extremely satisfying. It’s nearly impossible for a pasta dish with thick noodles to be unsatisfying, but this one takes the cake.
Funny enough (actually not funny at all), when I did my website redesign back in October this recipe along with one other completely vanished from my site! Sometimes these things happen with website stuff, but I was SO sad it went missing and I’m beyond excited to have it back in your hands.
The flavors in this dish blend together to well and make for the perfect spring dish that’s great on it’s own or as a side.
I hope you guys try this, and for those of you who were missing it, you’re welcome!
Grilled Artichoke & Mushroom Lemon Pasta
- Yield: 2 1x
A simple and delicious pasta made with grilled artichoke hearts, mushrooms and lemon for a light and springy dish!
- 8 ounces pasta, pappardelle or any long pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms, thickly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (12 oz) jar marinated grilled artichokes, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1–2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (juice from about 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons torn basil
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. In a separate large pan heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until mushrooms and onions are soft.
- Once water is boiling add a large pinch of salt and add the pasta and cook according to package. Meanwhile, continue making the sauce.
- Add the garlic to the mushroom mixture and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Add the artichokes and cook for another 1-2 minutes until heated through. Then turn off heat.
- When pasta is done cooking drain the pasta and add it directly into the pan with the mushrooms and artichokes. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, parmesan and basil and toss until evenly coated. Serve with extra parmesan if desired!
I tried this recipe tonight & it was delicious. I substituted vegan Parmesan. It was so delicious & easy to make! Yum!
I’m so happy you loved it! Thank you for the awesome review!
I made this recipe for dinner and it was absolutely delicious! Thank you so much for sharing it. I didn’t think that there needed to be any changes at all.
Good recipe. Quick, simple, tasty. Great way to use a package of mushroom that sat in the fridge too long for salad but are still fine cooked. Had to use dried basl
Seggiano artichokes are grilled and marinated in evoo.
Had a heck of a time finding GRILLED and marinated artichokes so just used plain marinated. Also used fresh pappardelle from the Italian market in our neighborhood. It was delicious!
Life is but a Dish
So glad you enjoyed it!
I was very impressed with how delicious this recipe was for how easy it was to make! Thanks to your great pictures and instructions I nailed it! Thanks for sharing!
Life is but a Dish
yay! Thank you!