The obsession continues.
I simply cannot get enough of this summer corn! And it’s all about the raw corn you guys. Kinda a game changer.
I mean, COME ON. It’s sweet, crunchy, fresh and flavorful! You can’t beat it. And now that it’s officially summer, it’s grilled chicken all day every day!
The marinade is super simple, and bursting with summer flavors. Lemon juice and fresh herbs give this chicken the perfect little bath before gettin’ grilled up.
Serve it sliced, with heaping spoonfuls of this corn salsa, and it’s pretty much like eating summer on a plate. Yep. It’s THAT good.
Do you share my obsession? If not, you should.
Herb Grilled Chicken w/ Fresh Corn Salsa
- Yield: 4 1x
This super simple chicken marinade is bursting with summer flavors, and when combined with the corn salsa, will wow at any summer dinner.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3–4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
For the Corn Salsa
- 4 ears of corn (husks and hair removed, and kernels cut off the cob (corn should be raw!))
- 1 avocado (diced)
- ¼ cup small diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1) In a large bowl combine the lemon juice, parsley, chives, rosemary, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk until well combined. Add the chicken breasts and using clean hands, toss the chicken in the marinade until well coated. Cover and let sit in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- 2) Meanwhile, make the corn salsa. In a medium bowl, combine the corn, red onion, lime juice, and salt. Carefully toss in the diced avocado and store in fridge until ready to use.
- 3) Preheat the grill to medium/high heat. Cook chicken for 6-7 minutes on each side, per 1 inch thickness. So if the chicken is about 1 inch thick, cook for 6-7 minutes per side. If chicken breasts are very thin, you may shorten cooking time to 4-5 minutes per side.
- 4) Once chicken is cooked, remove from grill and let rest for at least 10 minutes. Slice chicken and serve with the corn salsa. YUM!
I made this last night and everything was delicious. So easy, but tasty and perfect for a hot weekend night. The corn salsa is amazing! That will be going in my regular summer rotation.
Life is but a Dish
I’m so happy you enjoyed it!
Allie | Baking a Moment
That raw corn salsa is everthiiiiing! I’m in love with this dish.
Megan @ MegUnprocessed
Beautiful and perfect for summer!
Lane & Holly @ With Two Spoons
Looks so fresh and healthy! Can’t wait to try it!