Take your artichokes up a notch by grilling them with a few simple ingredients. You’ll never eat them any other way again! Grilled artichokes for life!
NEW OBSESSION ALERT. Grilled artichokes! Yes please, yes please , yes please! Or maybe it’s actually the lemon mayo that’s causing the obsession? Either way, you gotta try this.
That char though. It’s the epitome of summer.
Do you guys love artichokes as much as I do? I was always intimidated by the thought of grilling them. I typically just steam. But I promise you , this couldn’t be easier.
Prepping the artichoke is the hardest part, and if you have a knife and a pair of scissors, you’re golden.
These grilled artichokes are perfectly delicious on their own, but add a dip of this super simple lemon mayo and your taste buds will sing!
Take your artichokes up a notch by grilling them with a few simple ingredients. You’ll never eat them any other way again!
- 2 artichokes
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Prepare the artichokes. Slice off about 1/2 inch from the top, and trim the stem until it’s about 1-2 inches long. Using scissors, trim off the little thorns on all of the leaves. Slice each artichoke in half lengthwise.
- Fill a large pot with about 1-2 inches of water. Add a steamer basket into the pot and bring to a boil. Place the artichokes face down on the steamer basket, cover and turn heat to low and simmer for 40-60 minutes. Artichokes are cooked when you are easily able to pull a leaf from the outside and the meat comes off easily with your teeth. Turn off heat, remove artichokes and let cool.
- Make the lemon mayo. Whisk together with the mayo and lemon juice until well combined. Add a splash of water to thin it out if needed.
- Once artichokes are cooked and cooled enough to handle, use a spoon to scrape out all the inner hair until clean. Drizzle both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place them on a preheated, greased grill and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until nicely charred. Serve immediately with dipping sauce.
Warm up that grill!