Who doesn’t love a fabulous appetizer board? I mean, I could totally eat appetizers for every meal! Just give me a giant platter of veggies, chips, dips and cheeses and I’m a happy camper.
Today I’m stepping up your New Year’s appetizer game with a healthy kick, made simple! Healthy tip #1, slice up a bunch of fresh veggies. They give great color and texture to any appetizer board.
Healthy tip #2. Make your own pita chips! Yep. You can do it. It’s SO simple.
All you need is some pita bread, I use whole wheat. Brush with a little olive oil, sprinkle with some spices and bake in the oven! Fresh, crispy and delicious!
But, the star of the show in this appetizer platter is no doubt the dip.
You guys, please trust me on this one. This Spinach & Parmesan Dip by La Terra Fina is EVERYTHING! Whether served hot or cold, La Terra Fina’s Greek yogurt-based dip adds zing to everything from vegetables to homemade pita chips! We could all use a little zing in our lives, am I right?
For all of you who are trying to keep your New Year’s resolutions on track, I’ve got good news for you. The dip alone is delicious (and only 50 calories per serving!), but pair it with these homemade pita chips and you have the perfect healthy choice for an appetizer in the New Year!
Kids love it too! Made with real Greek yogurt, bold flavors, and nutrient-rich ingredients, you can feel good about the little ones stealing a bite or two!
So next time you host game day, make it easy on yourself while still keeping it healthy!Print
Easy homemade pita chips are great for snacking and dipping!
- 6 whole wheat pita breads (each cut into 8 triangles)
- Olive oil for brushing
- La Terra Fina’s Spinach & Parmesan Dip
- 1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place pita triangles onto 2 baking sheets.
- 2) Lightly brush pita with olive oil and sprinkle evenly with salt, pepper and a little paprika. Flip pita over and repeat on the other side.
- 3) Bake for 10-12 minutes until crisp and lightly browned. Remove and cool completely. Pita chips will harden more as they cool. Serve immediately or store in airtight container.
This post is sponsored by La Terra Fina. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands who make Life is but a Dish possible.