Let’s make Mother’s Day easy, breezy and freaking delicious!! I can help you. Scroll down to the bottom of this post, find the recipe box, click print, and get cooking.
You guys, this breakfast bake is kind of magical. It’s cheesy, flavorful, satisfying, and of course, easy to pull together! Would I have it any other way? Especially on Mother’s Day.
Doesn’t mom deserve the best? Don’t you??!! Can we take a minute to look at these herbs? They’re like the prettiest, most perfect Mother’s Day herbs de provence I’ve ever seen. They’re homemade, given to me by a friend, and they’re just stunning in this dish.
It’s ok… You can just buy the regular Herbs de Provence from the store. Equally delicious.
Getting back to this dish. Go ahead and make your life a little easier by assembling everything today, then simply bake it off in the morning! Just in time for Mother’s Day breakfast in bed, or brunch!
It’s filled with sliced turkey sausage, chopped artichokes, and lots and lots of cheeeeeeeese. Because what’s brunch without cheese and bread?
So if you’re looking for the perfect dish to wow mom, this is it. I promise.
Make Ahead Artichoke & Goat Cheese Breakfast Bake
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk or any kind of milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 cups 1-inch cubed sourdough bread
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 10-12 ounces soft fresh goat cheese crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 12 ounces precooked chicken and turkey sausage sliced and lightly browned
- 2 – 12 ounce jars marinated artichoke hearts drained, and roughly chopped (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup packed grated Fontina cheese
- 1 1/2 cups packed grated Parmesan
- 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk the milk and oil. Stir in the bread and let stand until liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- 2) In a separate large bowl, whisk the half and half, eggs, garlic, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Add the goat cheese and stir to combine. Mix the herbs de provence and the thyme in a small bowl and set aside.
- 3) Place half of the bread mixture in prepared dish. Top with half of the sausage, artichoke hearts, herbs, and cheeses. Pour half of cream mixture over. Repeat layering with remaining bread, sausage, artichoke hearts, herbs, cheeses, and cream mixture. If making this dish ahead of time, you can cover it at this point and put it in the fridge until ready to bake.
- 4) Bake uncovered until firm in center and brown around edges, about 50-60 minutes.