These dreamy roasted tomatoes served over a bed of soft burrata cheese is an amazing appetizer with crackers or a simple side dish for spring and summer!
We need to talk about tomatoes for a second. I like really love tomatoes. I don’t understand people who don’t like them, kind of like how I don’t understand people who like cats more than dogs. Yeah, I said it.
These Oven Roasted Tomatoes & Burrata are the best thing that has happened to my blog in a long time. I realize that’s a dramatic statement, but I tried to tell you how much I love these things. We’re coming up on tomato season and this dish should basically be at every meal, in my opinion.
I first discovered this dish at a friends house about a month ago. Some of our best friends Josh & Rafi, invited us over for a pajama pizza dinner party. Now you know why these people are my best friends. As always, they had prepared an epic appetizer platter, and one of the things on there was this tomato/burrata situation. Let me tell you… The creamy cheese topped with the sweet tomatoes and fresh basil was the greatest flavor bomb in my mouth.
Is this the perfect bite or what? They served it along side some crackers, but this dish would also be fabulous as a side dish with dinner.
How to make oven roasted tomatoes?
It’s actually a really simple process, like most things I post.
- Toss some tomatoes (any kind), on a sheet pan with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven at 425 degrees until bursty and bubbly.
- Top with fresh basil and enjoy hundreds of ways!
I think serving these tomatoes over soft and creamy burrata takes this to the next level.
I’m telling you, I know it sounds so simple, but roasting tomatoes in the oven concentrates the flavor and makes them super sweet and delicious. I love to serve it at room temperature which makes for an easy appetizer.
Trust me, you’re gonna freaking love this!
Oven Roasted Tomatoes & Burrata
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes (about 20 ounces total)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- torn fresh basil
- 8 ounces burrata cheese (at room temperature)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Toss the tomatoes on a sheet pan with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for 30-35 minutes.
- Toss with some fresh torn basil and serve over burrata cheese with crackers as a dip or as a side dish with a meal.