This Sautéed Zucchini, Corn & Mint Salad w/ Lemon & Parmesan is a quick and easy side dish that’s fresh, simple, light and delicious. It goes perfectly with chicken, fish or steak!
A couple of months ago I asked what kind of vegetables you wanted to see recipes for. Zucchini was at the top of that list! So many of you didn’t know what to do with it so I decided to create something super simple that will go with EVERYTHING. Sautéed Zucchini, Corn & Mint Salad w/ Lemon & Parmesan is just that.
How to cook zucchini:
- Sauté – like I do in this recipe
- Roast – also super easy and delicious
- Grill – a summertime favorite
- Steam – great for smoothies but not that flavorful
Many of us find zucchini readily available and in abundance during the spring and summer months. Other than making zucchini bread, how are we supposed to use it all up?!
It really doesn’t have to be complicated. Use the zucchini as a base, and build flavors upon that.
What does zucchini taste like?
It’s actually pretty bland on its own. That just means you can add whatever flavors you like to make it more interesting and exciting. In this case, I added some freshness using lemon and mint. YUM.
This is not only great as a side dish, but also would be amazing served over fish or chicken. Or even as an alternative to salsa, or add some avocado and make it a chunky guac dip!
It’s not too late to add this to your spring holiday menus. And of course it’s perfect for all your summer BBQ’s and dinner parties. I can’t wait to hear how you like it!
Sautéed Zucchini, Corn & Mint Salad w/ Lemon & Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium zucchini (about 1.5 pounds), diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Heat a large pan over medium/high heat. Add the oil, zucchini, salt, lemon pepper, garlic powder, thyme and red pepper flakes. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the corn and cook for another minute. Turn off heat and add the parmesan, lemon juice and mint. Add salt to taste and serve warm or room temperature.