These Pulled BBQ Chicken Burgers are made with sweet BBQ sauce, a quick, tangy slaw, spicy Tillamook pepper jack cheese and creamy avocado making them a huge crowd pleaser.
I love burgers so much. All kinds! But funny enough, I’ll choose a chicken, turkey or vegetarian burger over beef any day of the week. These Pulled BBQ Chicken Burgers remind me of summer, and believe it or not, summer is right around the corner! Memorial Day is next Monday, and in my book, that’s the official start of summer.
As you know, it doesn’t require any fancy ingredients to make a great burger. Keep it simple, with good quality ingredients and you’re good to go. I like to think about flavors, textures and colors when I’m building a recipe. In this case we have all the things going on.
- Sweet BBQ sauce, tangy slaw, spicy cheese.
- Creamy cheese and avocado, crunchy slaw.
- Red, purple, green, white, yellow, all the colors since we eat with our eyes first!
Can we talk about my love for this cheese? 😍 I seriously can’t get enough. You know my love for Tillamook, and after my trip to Oregon to visit their farm and creamery I’m even more in love with their products. It was so amazing to have the opportunity to talk directly with the farmers and see exactly where the milk for Tillamook products comes from.
I’m not typically someone who loves spicy foods. This Tillamook FarmStyle Thick Cut Pepper Jack Sliced Cheese has the perfect amount of spice, and it’s balanced so well with creaminess. I love it so much I eat it by the slice, and it matches perfectly with these Pulled BBQ Chicken Burgers.
Can I make these ahead of time?
If you’re planning something for Memorial Day, these burgers are a great option because so much can be done ahead of time. I made my chicken in the Instant Pot, and it can sit to warm until you’re ready to serve. The slaw can be made ahead of time as well, and when it’s time to eat just assemble the burgers and enjoy!
I can’t wait for you guys to try these. I know you’re gonna love them as much as I do.
This post is sponsored by Tillamook. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that I love.
Pulled BBQ Chicken Burgers
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1.5 cups BBQ sauce
- 2 cups shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 4 slices Tillamook Farm Style Thick Cut Pepper Jack Sliced Cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 burger buns, lightly toasted
- Begin by making the shredded BBQ chicken. I made mine in the Instant Pot, but you can use a slow cooker as well. Place chicken in the Instant pot and pour over the BBQ sauce. Stir to make sure the chicken is fully coated. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes, quick release and shred. Place chicken back in the Instant Pot to warm until ready to serve. If using a slow cooker, cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-4 hours.
- Make the quick slaw. In a bowl mix together the cabbage, red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, rice vinegar and mayonnaise . Set aside.
- Once chicken is ready, begin to assemble to burgers. Lightly toast the buns if you want. On the bun layer the cheese, chicken, slaw and avocado. Serve and enjoy!