I’m all about quick and easy. And delicious.
Did I mention that?
All you gotta do is brown some chicken.
It’s a great dish for those busy weeknights when you spend 45 minutes trying to decide what to make, ultimately getting frustrated and end up ordering food, only to wait another hour before it’s delivered and finally eat dinner at 10pm feeling unsatisfied.
Don’t let that happen. Take 15 minutes, and make this.
Quick & Easy Soy Honey Chicken w/ Broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut up into 1 inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 12 ounces about 3 cups broccoli florets (or cauliflower, or both)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1) In a large pan heat the olive oil over medium/high heat. Add the chicken and sprinkle with a large pinch of salt and pepper and add garlic powder. Cook chicken for about 5 minutes until no longer pink and begins to brown.
- 2) Meanwhile make the sauce. In a bowl whisk the soy sauce, honey, garlic, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- 3) Once chicken is lightly browned, add the broccoli and cook for about 3-5 minutes until broccoli turns bright green and just begins to soften. If the mixture seems too dry add a little more olive oil. Add the soy sauce mixture and cook for 1 minute until the sauce thickens. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately.