Hi! I made you the best simple summer pasta ever. For real though. This pasta is kind of my life right now and I’m not upset about it. At all.
How was your 4th? You guys, I ate so much food. Like, food coma city! The best. I actually didn’t make this pasta for the long weekend which means it’s for sure happening for dinner tonight! And maybe tomorrow too.
It’s got all the summery veggies. Tomatoes (which I know are technically a fruit), WHATEVER. Let’s say flavors. It’s got all the summery flavors. Tomatoes, zucchini, spinach, lemon, basil, and of course, burrata. YES!
Not only is this dish super simple to make, it’s such a beauty! Plopping a blob of burrata on top of anything, pretty much makes it beautiful in my eyes.
I know you can make this. And more importantly, I know you want to. Be creative and add any veggies you want.
Just don’t forget the burrata.
Simple Lemon Fusilli with Zucchini, Tomatoes, & Spinach
- 1/2 pound fusilli pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 3 tablespoons
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 8 ounces burrata cheese
- Basil for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add a large pinch of salt. Add pasta and cook 9-11 minutes or according to the package.
- Heat a large pan over medium/high heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, the chopped onion, and pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes until onion begins to soften. Add the chopped zucchini, another pinch of salt and pepper, and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add tomatoes and another pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 more minutes until tomatoes are warmed through. Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Set aside.
- Turn heat off on the veggie pan mixture. Once pasta is cooked, drain and add the hot pasta to the veggies. (I do this right in the pan). Toss the pasta and veggie mixture together. Add the lemon/olive oil dressing, spinach and toss until well combined and spinach begins to wilt. Serve in bowls topped with fresh burrata, torn basil leaves, a pinch of sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper. YUM!