I know there’s some scramblers out there. Some last minute “I have no idea what to bring to Thanksgiving” type of people. If you’re looking for something super simple, but delicious and beautiful – this salad is the answer. Now I get it. Some people just can’t stand the idea of a salad on their Thanksgiving menu. Other’s love it!
Either way, this is a great one to add into your rotation, or make it the night before for a light dinner! It’s hearty and fresh and simply delicious. Like any good salad it’s all about the dressing.
This simple lemon vinaigrette is the perfect balance to the orange, spinach and cabbage. It’s unique yet so flavorful.
We forget that we need to feed ourselves and our families in the days leading up to the giant feast! Keep it simple, but always delicious.
Spinach & Green Cabbage Citrus Salad w/ Pistachios
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 large orange, diced
- 1/2 cup toasted pistachios
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Add the spinach, cabbage, orange and pistachios to a large bowl.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, olive oil, salt, pepper and maple syrup. Pour dressing over salad and serve.