You know what today is? It’s Pizza Day! In case you’re just joining us, on the 15th of every month I post a new pizza recipe and eat ALL the pizza to help celebrate two amazing people who lost their lives way too soon. For more details on Pizza Day and why it’s so important to me, check out my post here.
In the meantime, let’s talk pizza. You guys, this pizza is like WOAH. The flavor profile is out of control, it’s like a pizza party in your mouth with every bite.
I’m the first to admit… Nine out of ten times I’m a classic cheese pizza kind of girl. But every once in a while I like to mix it up, feel a little fancy, and OMG this pizza is nothing short of UH-MAZING!
It all starts with this garlic chili flake oil. That’s basically your “sauce”. Brush a little (or a lot) on there, top it with cheese. Two kinds. And finish it with some spinach. Then…
Put an egg on it. Because why not? Eat it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Totally acceptable for any time of day.
Delicious pizza with garlic, cheese, spinach and an egg!
- 1 recipe your favorite pizza dough (or store bought, at room temperature)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and smashed)
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 ounces thinly sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated fontina cheese (tightly packed)
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Heat oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a small pan over low heat for 5-10 minutes. Mixture should just heat through, do not bring to a simmer or boil. Once heated, remove and set aside.
- Spread dough on a lightly oiled sheet pan and brush with the oil mixture. Sprinkle on the dried thyme.
- Add the sliced mozzarella, half of the fontina cheese, spinach, then the rest of the fontina. Bake in preheated oven for 9-11 minutes. Remove from oven, then crack 2 eggs directly onto the pizza. Put it back in the oven for 5 minutes until the egg white is set and the yolk is still runny. Dig in!
Happy Pizza Day!